THE BIENNIAL ART FAIR
PALAIS DE BONDY / FIRST OCCURENCE
FIVE DAYS IN THE HEART OF THE CAPITAL OF ANCIENT GAUL
More than 250 artistic crafts can be listed in France, gathered in different fields of activity
• The city is now identified as one of the most involved in culture of European cities
• Lyons is the third biggest city in France.
• The population of the Greater Lyons exceeds 2million people.
• The Auvergne-Rhône Alpes Region is the second richest region in the country.
• A large number of art-lovers ,art collectors ,galleries, famous museums and thriving industries contribute to the economic dynamics of the region.
• Bringing together various forms of artistic expressions, Mirabilia Lyon will show the work of about fifty artists and hopes to attract and welcome the well-informed local or regional art-lovers as well as the uninitated general public and tourists visiting the city.
• Close to Italy and Switzerland, Lyons is internationally known for its Festival of Lights ant the SIRHA :an international and national gastronomy fair, the Nights of Fourvière, a great music and theatre summer festival in the Roman amphitheatres and the Lumière Film Festival, second French film festival.
PALIAIS DE BONDY
The Biennial Mirabilia Lyon will set up in the Palais de Bondy, built right in the city centre at the end of the XIXth century. It covers 600m2 and is a well-known and much-beloved place for all the inhabitants of the city.
Lyons is famous for its gastronomy and attracts a lot of visitors. So the Palais de Bondy,in the heart of an ancient district of the town,is surrounded by hotels and restaurants famous worldwide.